Sunday, September 28, 2014

Putting in the work, Shooting 30 with a Hoyt Pro Comp Elite bow


My First 30...


This was the fist time I was able to hit 10's on all three targets. I did it 4x that day. That day my shots where still kind of all over. I'm still learning  how to adjust my sight. I read the directions finally. one click on the knob is like 1/32 of an inch on the target at 20 yards. I wasn't counting clicks I was just turning the knob a bunch and looking at the scale on sight moving it one to two dash marks. which is like 20 or so clicks which explains my problem. Now I make 1-3 click adjustments.

 I have been tracking my progress every time I go to the archery range. I have a spread sheet on my phone that I have been using to keep track of number of arrows, accuracy and a few other stats.  so far I have shot 540 arrows with the new bow for a grand total of 1590 arrows I have ever shot. My percentage of 10's/bulls eyes have gone up from 29% to 50% since I have been shooting my Hoyt bow.

Thanks Nic Helwig at RMA. It seems that every time he's working at the range he comes by and gives me one tip that helps me shoot just a little better. One tip a day is all I need.

Looking at the graph and checking my stats I can't help but feel excited. I'm doing it! I'm moving closer to my goal. I'm getting better every day. Everyday better, everyday closer.

Yesterday at the Shooting range


 First three arrows, 10's! I adjusted my sight 2 clicks left. (follow the arrows). Yesterday I shot 50% in the 10 ring my best day ever despite losing my glasses. My sight is like a scope(is a scope), it magnifies a little and I used to be able to see the x in the middle. Now I can't. I just aim for the center of the yellow lol.


Doing a little shooting at home off the deck. I love this bow I love this sport. I am just so excited to see how far I can take this. Even though I know I am just beginning, I have determination and high expectations I'm not going to settle for anything less than my goal.





















I'm planning on going to the Vegas shoot in February which is a really big deal. I will be competing against 2000+ other acherys with pry years more experience and world metals and big name sponsors. I don't know if I have a chance in hell of even making it past the first day. But thats what I am training for. Follow my blog (upper right hand corner to follow by email or follow on google) to get updates of my progress and to see how I do in vegas...

Follow me on twitter @Gozerotohero
Like this blog (upper left hand corner)

No comments:

Post a Comment